When did you ORIGINALLY join Mastodon and/or the Fediverse?
@catsalad I joined the #fediverse in November '22 in the great exodus from #twitter. I have no clue as to the generation keywords, I was born extremely long ago.
@catsalad 2022, which oddly isn’t an option
@catsalad
Kernel panic (core dumped)
@catsalad Remembered I had an account from 2017 but *join* joined in 2022.
@catsalad @RobinMarx 2023 because that’s when Tweetbot died and @ivory came around. Mastodon is not exactly as popular as Twitter used to be, but it works for me. Now I wish XMPP or similar could become widespread so I can ditch WhatsApp.
@catsalad *gandalf voice* it’s undoubtedly a trap
@catsalad This was missing "So long ago I can't remember" so I looked the answer up. Hard to believe I've been swimming in these clear waters for almost four years - and that 2022 is missing 😀
@catsalad 2022, after the Elon's kitchen sink stunt at the Twitter offices.
@catsalad there are some time travelers among us 😱
2019, when I lost all remnants of faith in centralized social media ever improving. That's also when I started Smithereen, the fediverse server software hosting this account.