This is why I bang on so much about level access. Noone should have to depend on railway staff and the correct alignment of the train to the platform to be able to use a train.
This also highlights another common problem with train design. The sole single wheelchair space on the train. Cos of course no wheel chair user has friends in wheelchairs tho they want to travel with ...
Public transport that isn't level access is defective by design.
@quixoticgeek I often wonder if the people making decisions in regards to accessibility realise just how great the impact is when they fail to do the right thing - impact well beyond the incident itself - or if they really just don't care.
On a human level I just can't understand how this is possible, and at the end of the day it are still humans who are in charge and do the work.