wait what
@js I think they had on their slide deck for the merger “kick John Spurlock square in the junk.”
@dave I actually did some contract work for Deno a few years ago, so I guess I helped burn some of that sweet sweet vc cash
the writing was on the wall for Deno the company, two things that blunt the impact for me:
1. all of my stuff is basically web standard ts, very little Deno specifics (that was one of the main points of the project)
2. of all the acquirers, cf is fine with me - imagine some of the alternatives
but the runtime, it appears dead, and that's sad
back to good ol' Node for me
@dave and maybe I can encourage them to purchase the fine denoflare.com domain name to wet my beak just a bit
"We will support the Deno runtime for another year with monthly releases containing bug fixes and security updates. After that year we will end our development of the Deno runtime. Deno will remain open source, and we welcome others who want to continue its development."
uggggggggh