A: You can't complain about Y affecting the climate when you drive a car.
Me: I don't own a car.
A: Well it is ok for those who are priviledged and can afford to be without a car. Some of us *need* a car.
Me: Oh, sure, I would benefit in lots of ways (as you do) if I had a car. Life would be made much easier. As it stands I just can't do a bunch of stuff and am excluded from things. I get deprioritised on foot/bike/bus. It is funny how your advantage has been reframed as me having privilege.
A: Oh so you are against disabled people having cars and you want them confined to their homes?!
Me: No. We could have genuine infrastructure for pedestrians, bike, wheelchairs, and pushchairs, rather than prioritise able-bodied drivers. We can also exempt disabled-drivers from potential restrictions.
A: You are against ambulances.
Me: No. Ambulances clearly can be exempt.
A: You are against poor people.
Me: No. And this was supposed to be about other thing, Y.