anybody got wristwatches they like? can't find mine so i'm thinking of getting another one, but i can't just buy the same one since what if i find the old one
0 Boosts
0 Likes
@spencerdub ooh i like how the weekender looks sort of like a classier Easy Reader. my coworker mentioned citizen too, which sounds cool-- i should look more into them! annoying that Timex makes their watches hard to repair, too
@emaytch Some day in the future, I may upgrade the Casio with an Ollee Watch board: https://www.olleewatch.com/
@emaytch I had a Timex Weekender for a long time, but then it broke and my local watch repair guy said Timex is a real pain in the ass with repairs, they make it really hard to repair instead of just replacing.
So I upgraded to a Citizen E101. It has Citizen's "Eco-Drive" technology, which allows the battery to be charged via light—any light, not just sunlight. I got a black face with orange lettering on a brown band, which nicely strikes the "casual but not boring" note I look for.
I also just purchased a classic Casio F91, for something a bit better suited for bike riding, camping, and working outdoors.