Anyone got a recommendation for good, cheap #S3 object storage that isn’t frickin Digital Ocean?
Really wanna move. Mainly using it for PeerTube & gotosocial.
Discussion
Anyone got a recommendation for good, cheap #S3 object storage that isn’t frickin Digital Ocean?
Really wanna move. Mainly using it for PeerTube & gotosocial.
@VerdettoQR oh hello again! It’s their policies that’s pushing me off DO. I’d like to support smaller, ethical tech.
Thanks, that’s interesting about R2, might open up more options… although it would need to work for gotosocial and probably Owncast as well. It’ll be a balancing act!
@meljoann Smaller is the one test R2 fails, so I'd keep it as the fallback. Both say any S3 store should do, and Owncast only keeps the live segments there, with public read and CORS to set. Is the stream the heavy one for you, or the PeerTube library?
@meljoann Bunny has an object storage service! https://bunny.net/storage/
@developerjustin thanks! Will investigate 🫡
@meljoann I've got a few buckets on Cloudflare R2, and the free egress is the part I'd want for video. The catch is R2 has no ACLs, so you'd set PeerTube's upload_acl to null the way its docs show for Backblaze. Is it the egress bill or the per-GB price that's pushing you off Digital Ocean?