gonna try giving myself a buzz cut - tired of paying the local barber $30 every 8 weeks
still waiting for my shaver/clipper to finish charging
mission accomplished - wife said it looks “normal”, so I’m ok with that. Number 3 on the clipper dial is not the same as #3 at the barber! I think it’s 3mm vs 1/3rd of an inch or whatever bullshit the hair industry uses
@decryption I think clipper numbers are 1/8ths of an inch. 3.18mm
@decryption I've been doing this most of my life. It's pretty straight forward. A hand mirror, so you can see what's going on at the back in the bathroom mirror, makes the whole process much easier. Just practice a bit with hand positioning as the reflections mean everything is reversed, so it takes some getting used to.
The guard can be taken off completely to get nice straight lines on the sideburns and along the back.
@psa my wife can give a final quality assurance check before I leave the house
@decryption This town's economy appears to run on barber shops and hairdressers. I don't get it (said the bald man, who has used his own pair of clippers to do buzzcuts since forever)
@bencourtice almost as many barbers as there are pizza shops and bottle shops
@decryption "we're all fat and drunk all the time but we look good doing it"
@decryption I do this (I hate being touched, barber/hairdresser is basically a sensory nightmare for me), it's tough to not miss anything though, so luckily I have my wife double check my work and it turns out presentable, if not perfect.
@decryption damn your barber is cheap, mine is about $50 every 6-8 weeks now
@jpm for an actual cut, yeah, it's around that too :(
@decryption been cutting my own hair for longer than I can remember. It helps when you don’t have much to begin with 😜