it would be cool if tailscale let me give them some money for a "Lite" plan that lets me attach a custom domain name to my tailnet (unless you can do that already and I'm too stupid to figure out how)
1 Boost
0 Likes
@decryption
A CNAME redirect wouldn't work?
@jannem oh interesting - mycooldomain.au as a cname to tail5361.ts.net (the domain tailscale assigned me) - I'll try it out later
@decryption @jannem It sounds like this won't work: https://github.com/tailscale/tailscale/issues/5033
The way the system works, they have a local DNS server that handles the private ts.net names, and forwards other traffic to your regular DNS server. If that server can't resolve the private name the CNAME points at, you get an error.
Replying to get notifications to see if this works, would like to do it for myself as well. 👍
@decryption this is one reason I jumped to self hosted NetBird.