TIL hyperlexia is a thing.
And how did no one suspected about my autism before??
All my report cards should’ve said “very bright but doesn’t work well with others”
This week I came across the term 'hyperlexia' in a UK TV drama in which the MC is an autistic woman.
The show is called Patience and currently airs on Channel 4 and Prime Video.
https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0LIKWLVLLS9LZ43MTUP4I3AKUH/
Most of you probably know English is my second language. Interestingly I learned to read English before I learned to read Bangla, my native tongue. I DID learn to speak bangla first but when I was developing my language skills around 3-5 years, I spoke Bangla and English simultaneously. I feel like this has changed my brain in such a fundamental level, it’s hard to explain it to others who learn their second language when they are older
@farah wow! That is unusual. An Ex of mine had 3 adults speaking at her in 3 different languages until age 4 when she had to socialize outside the family. Her concept was that everyone had their own way of talking their own language. When she heard an outsider speaking Hebrew and then switching to english her 4 year old mind was permanently blown
@401matthall lol some of mine actually said some version of that
@farah I take back my earlier comment. This is as hinged as it comes.