@tinker unfortunately i've got an enforced holiday coming up in a week, so "a break" isn't really an option. I remember your story and I'm not worried about overdoing it, I don't feel i'm hustling past my capacity, the best way i can describe it is that the things i know i need to do aren't urgent enough to overcome my executive dysfunction, almost like procrastination but my threshold has been temporarily shifted upwards.
@ajn142 - Oh, I was answering your question directly. Not terribly worried about burnout, just looking at how to recover from a hard push or eventful weekend responding to an emergency.
I take a day or two off to let it go and "reset" my executive function.
Not a full blown vacation or holiday, just a day of PTO.
But, as you point out, even a single day off may not be possible. In those cases, I'll try and do absolutely nothing and reset in the evenings (as much as I'm able).
@ajn142 - Take a day or two off. Rest. Do something non work or computer related.