Superb subterranean superbeings! This week, on the #FridayMovie eastbound, we embark on a theme, and that theme is subways and the strange goings-on hidden beneath the seemingly ordinary earth. All aboard, and mind all relevant gaps!
I'm going in
I think this might be a new york film
the definition of a messianic moment is that, whatever you thought you were doing before, no longer applies, by virtue of you now having to be firmly in the present. the prototypical example is getting stuck in an elevator. the intended elevator experience is short enough that it gets relegated from memory after it happened; getting stuck elevates the moment and the persons in it. whatever happened before, you're not doing that now; you're doing now now
I suspect now might be fast approaching
@sargoth As much as I loved the unintentional comedy of Pelham 123 (I still need to make several edits of the ending scene, for Reasons of 'this would be amusing to me') and admire it for being the first Extremely New York movie that didn't have me confused as to geography, Warriors is special and I swear it's not recency bias.
@dartigen I encourage the making of these edits
let loose the comedy goblin that has taken residence inside you and stun the world
@sargoth I just need to find a video editor that isn't in a browser and is actually easy to use for a simple 'clip out this section and let me add some extra audio' (I admit I have not looked very hard)
(one of them would need me to be able to overlay another clip or a graphic or something as well, maybe that's an advanced function)
@dartigen good news is that these things are eminently doable, to my understanding, and that the hard part is to find the actual button which does it (something something transparency something layers)
...and also to avoid accidentally installing some helpful AI agent or other. things have changed since ye olden days of stumbling upon a free copy and FAFOing
and the winner
through our long-standing tie-breaking rule of "oldest wins"
is
The taking of Pelham one two three