I drove by the new RM Sherwood data centre on my way in to work this morning. I almost puked. I can't believe how fast it's going, and how stupendously much money is being dumped into this one data centre. No wonder it blew past any possible approval hurdles, there's no regulation in the world that can stand up to that much money. Fuck. How completely demoralizing.
Time to try to make myself care about science I guess.
FANTASTIC timing, I got an email back from the CEO of the Crown Investment Corporation (what the fuck... how is this a thing??) that didn't actually answer ANY of the concerns I raised about this giant data centre. But it gave me a nice list of politicians to respond to who were cc'd on the letter (and also the NDP shadow ministers).
One upside to all these fucking FCC comments I've written lately: I'm real fucking good at writing polite-but-angry letters to politicians now.