The new Pixelfed mobile app is almost ready, and I figured it would be cool to release on F-Droid and AltStore first, with the App and Play Store releases following the next week.
Sound good?
Discussion
The new Pixelfed mobile app is almost ready, and I figured it would be cool to release on F-Droid and AltStore first, with the App and Play Store releases following the next week.
Sound good?
@dansup Being in the UK I don't have access to the AltStore, so it feels like I am being needlessly punished :(
@dansup please first release Play Store & App Store
@dansup Do you release it also simply as an APK, perhaps on GitHub?
@dansup I voted for the first option but I'd say do whatever makes the release process the least work for your team
@dansup Für mich klingt es nach einer Ungleichbehandlung. 😔
@dansup Wenn die App fertig ist, sollte man sie allen zugänglich machen. Wozu Unterschiede machen, wenn man alle gleich behandeln kann? 😌
@gedankenwolke Great point, we should.
@dansup @gedankenwolke I didn't think about this and what @skribe wrote before I voted - some people also might simply not have access to the AltStore, as it might still be blocked e.g. in the US of A.
@gunchleoc @gedankenwolke @skribe I could release the APK before then, if that would help?
@dansup just be aware that come the 1st Oct, some of us are going to have issues with alternates to the Play Store. The rest of you won't get ratfucked until some time in 2027.
@dansup It sounds so technical, so unneccesary. Why even ask this question and not release it everywhere at the same time?