Meta Muse appears to read your Apple messages and upload them to the cloud even if you explicitly tell it not to:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/26/09/28/metas-new-ai-agent-blatantly-ignores-users-permissions
Discussion
Meta Muse appears to read your Apple messages and upload them to the cloud even if you explicitly tell it not to:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/26/09/28/metas-new-ai-agent-blatantly-ignores-users-permissions
@evacide Who could have seen this coming?
@evacide How does the iOS Permissions system allow this? Did Messenger already request Messages permissions for some reason? Or is this an exploit?
@evacide, I guess what do we expect from a tool that uses gaslighting as one of its powers.
@evacide If that is the case, I do wonder how is the privacy of WhatsApp messages is going to be kept at all.
@evacide the fact that people are still on apple products even after Apple have up that ass to a genocidal warlord is wild. We're not even focused on Muse.
Mark violating every inch he can squeeze himself into. His family credo.
It's so hard to decide who's worst.
This is why I often tell my phone to jump in front of a bus. Hoping whoever is listening feels it that day.
@evacide
On the danger of been thrown into the sea: FFS who is still buying that Meta crap? Why aren't they bankrupt yet? Those eejits with their "but duh mawket will weguwate" can go bang their stupid heads against a brick wall.
@evacide
Prompting an AI is like telling a willful or forgetful toddler not to do things. Except the toddler is capable of learning and facing consequences.
@evacide You have to wonder about calling something a "permission" if you can just ignore it.
The first person to reply with something along the lines of "This is what you deserve for using a Meta product" will be thrown into the sea. If you have ever iMessaged a person who is using Muse, those are your messages in the cloud too.
@evacide
Better solution:
Stop talking to people. Only surround yourself with cats. 
@evacide Ignorance is way too common. Someone can't protect their privacy if they don't know it is at risk. It's better to make sure people are informed instead of just saying "They deserve it" including mentioning alternatives like The Fediverse.
@evacide The already-polluted sea would like to suggest throwing people into space instead.
The emerging Kessler syndrome would like to suggest the alternative of launching people into the sun.
The angry sun yearns to consume our failguys.
@evacide so "Friends don't let friends use Meta" is getting more important than ever. For our protection and for their protection.
I love the sea 😄
@evacide Obviously. The "permissions" are just part of the prompt strong not an access control layer outside the chatbot shit.
@evacide Business as Usual, then?
@evacide I left all the META apps more than a year ago, I don’t even have WhatsApp or anything at all , I felt liberated when I left it , thanks for the information!!