Finally, a new project! At my rate, this will take a year. 😆 #warhammercommunity #Warhammer40k #wh40k #MiniaturePainting #PaintingWarhammer #Warhammer #tau #twinlance
@hsorlie The red base on the right looks a lot better to me (and I think fits more with how actual fire looks, the whiter/yellower heat being more central to the flame with the surrounding glow trailing off into reds and oranges).
@JubalBarca @o_o @ztied @jdr42 Thanks! I think I like the right one best, and think it looks more natural (I've searched for "flames" on noai.duckduckgo.com and scrolled through 😄), although several tutorials I've seen online use versions of the method I used on the left. I think I'll build on the right hand version, but try out letting the yellow fade to orange again, along the edges (agree with you, @o_o ). I also want to at least try a little blue here and there along the base. 🤔
I like the yellow one but I mostly agree too, the right side looks more natural.
I'd say the red as the base & bottom, then yellow on top, but if it's not too complex, I would also add some orange at the tips as the flames get further further out, and start to dissipate.
What is the best way to paint flames? Following a recommendation, I first tried yellow base, drybrush with first orange then red. That's left. But then I tried the inverse. Mephiston base, then drybrush with evil sunz, then fire dragon, then corax which I covered with imperial fist. That's the one on the right. Neither of them is finished, but which version is worth building on? And how to proceed? 🤔 #warhammercommunity #Warhammer40k #wh40k #MiniaturePainting #PaintingWarhammer #Warhammer