Have you ever met someone from the Fediverse in person to do something together?
I don't mean at a Fediverse-related event. If you have, I'd be curious to hear what kind of activity brought you together.
I've seen people from other social media platforms organize offline activities and meetups, Facebook and Instagram (Meta), Orkut (Google), and Twitter (now X), and I'm curious whether this happens through the Fediverse too.
Please, boost to find more activities, if any.
@everton137
Yes. Kind Mastodonian who doesn't even follow me came and helped me out of a serious bind when Icelandair destroyed my suitcase on the first leg of a long flight (I'm disabled...hard to move with broken suitcase wheels).
Another kind Mastodonian helped me when there was no accessible way to get across railroad tracks to my hotel and back. They picked me up and we also hung out at a café talking for hrs.
Also at #Spezi2026 , where Fediverse folks also like "funny bikes". Hopefully I can afford to attend next year and we can have another meetup.
https://mas.to/@FolksVelo/116472630010367184